Sunday, April 28, 2013

Recent Trips

So... I woke up the other day, checked my e-mail, and lo and behold!  Tom Thumb threw a whole bunch of free stuff at me!  I had J4U coupons for free: Honey Nut Cheerios, Bush's beans, Old El Paso refried beans, Yoplait GoGurt, Fiber One bars, and I can't remember what else.  Unfortunately, I can't add these to the amount I've saved this year in paper coupons because they are not paper coupons.  I am trying to prove to Andy that the buying of coupons, paper, and ink truly is worth it.  Anyway, here are the things I used paper coupons on that trip:

Fresh Express spinach 10 oz. $.99 - $.55 = $.45!
Eggland's Best Eggs (can't remember price) used $.35 tripled to $.95.
There was another $.50 coupon, but I can't remember what for...  It was a few days ago.

Anyway.  I paid quite a bit on newspapers today.  I bought 4 in store for a total of $11.  I then bought a bunch of inserts from sundaycouponinserts.com to fill in the ones I had missed.  I bought 20 inserts for a total of $22.30.

While at Walmart, I found 1 Zyrtec that I got for free ($.74 MM actually), and a free Beech Nut fruit pouch.
Zyrtex 5 ct. $5.26 - $6 coupon = $.74 MM
Beech Nut Fruit Pouch $.98 - $1 = $.02 MM

Now for the real fun...





2 Crest Pro Health mouthwash $3.49 - $1.50 = $1.99, received $1 EB each

CVS training pant $5.99, get $1 EB

2 Gillette Venus 1 ct. $6.99 - $3 = $3.99, received $5 on 2

1 U by Kotex liner $1.57 - $2 = $.43 MM

 Used $9 in EB

Used 25% coupon loaded to card (this will only work on regular price items, not sale items.  You can tell by looking at the ad which ones are on sale.  None of the things I got were in sale, they merely provided extra bucks. ;) )

Paid $5.06, received $10 EB

Then I remembered that I had to get ice cream:

Blue Bell ice cream $6.99 - $6 EB = $.99


Total saved this year with paper coupons:  $868.76
This number is not reflective of savings as a result of sales, e-coupons, or gift cards.
Total spent this year to get coupons (printer ink, paper, and newspapers): $143.08 


No comments:

Post a Comment