Friday, April 19, 2013

Today's trips: Sprouts and Target

I usually go to Sprouts first to get high quality meat and vegetables at a great price.  I plan out my meals, make a shopping list and go here first.  Then, if there's any money left over in the weekly grocery budget, I coupon. :)

I used $2.50 in coupons at Sprouts.

Here's my Target trip!

8 Happy Toddler pouch $1.43 ea. - BOGO coupon (earned on recyclebank.com) - $2/$10 mobile baby coupon (Text BABY to 827438) = $.43 each!
These coupons scanned really weird.  The first 2 took off $2.50 each, then the third took of $.50, and the fourth took off $1...  When you consider it should have only taken off $5.72 all together ($1.43 x 4), I'll take the extra $.28. :)

The new Spring text coupons are great!  Text SPRING to 827438. There are $1/$1 fruit and $1/$1 vegetable coupons!
I got sweet potatoes $2.65 - $1 = $1.65 for 3, and organic strawberries clamshell $2.89 - $1 = $1.89!

Also in that text was a great $1.50/2 Clorox Green Works products!  Go to their website and sign up for emails and they will email you a coupon for $1 off any Green Works product.  The toilet cleaners are on PC for $2.20 this week.  I got 2:
$2.20 x 2 = $4.40 - $1.50 - $1 - $1 = $.90, or $.45 each!

2 Archer Farms frozen green beans$1.99 each - $1/$4 = $1.49 each

12 Yocrunch on rollback $.55 a cup
I had $1 off any multipack, but I did the math and it was cheaper to just buy the individual cups without the coupon (especially since the size in the multipack are half that of the individual cups).

3 Chobani kids tube yogurt $2 - $1 (chobani.com) = $1 each!  They hold 8 tubes each!
Only the blueberry flavor was on price-cut for $2.

4 Huggies Wipes $2, buy one get one for $1.  I got 4 = $6.  There are $1 coupons on Huggies website (you have to play a game to get it.  It's fun!) - $4 = $2, or $.50 each!
When you get the coupon, you can print as many as you want.  Be warned, though, that at the register they will only let you redeem four at a time.  If you want more, you have to split transactions.

2 Tyson frozen grilled and ready are BOGO this week at $7 each.  There is a $1 mobile coupon in the Spring coupons (see above). = $3 a bag
There were several varieties included in this: chicken strips, beef strips, chicken breasts, and cubed chicken.  Makes dinner very convenient and is cheaper than buying raw chicken!
I also had a paper coupon but it wouldn't let me use it on the free item.  The $1 manufacturer's coupons expired yesterday. :(  Oh well!  Still happy! :)

Plum baby box 4 pk. $2.99, submit for $1 with iBotta app = $1.99, or $.50 a pouch.

I spent $32.45 and saved $35.23, $20.50 of which were coupons.

Total saved this year with paper coupons:  $797.41
This number is not reflective of savings as a result of sales, e-coupons, or gift cards.
Total spent this year to get coupons (printer ink, paper, and newspapers): $104.78   





No comments:

Post a Comment