Thursday, April 18, 2013

Recent Tom Thumb trips




Kind of frustrated.  The girls went through my wallet and have lost both my CVS card and my Tom Thumb card.  Both I can still use with my phone number in store, but I can no longer scan my card at the Magic Coupon Machine at CVS and get those high dollar coupons that would get me free makeup this week. :(  What it also meant for my last large shopping trip at Tom Thumb was that I lost $25 in coupons loaded to my card because I could not remember the phone number associated with the account and used a long-lost account I must have opened a long time ago but have never used. GRRR!!!  There goes another gas reward!

It really makes me wonder why I spend all this time doing things and planning a trip if it's all going to go to hell at the register.  But, I have since figured out the correct phone number and Tom Thumb is fixed.  Any deals requiring Magic Coupon Machine coupons at CVS, though, are dead for me. :(

Here are the latest deals at Tom Thumb:

Mojo bar $.99 - $.50 doubled = free

Capri Sun $2.49 - $.30 tripled = $1.59, submit for $1 on iBotta app = $.59

There were more deals I got last week, but they are over now so there's no point in wasting my time posting them.  :)

Paper coupons used in last three trips: $26.49


Oh, and I did not get a newspaper last week.  It was just one of those days... I have found a great website, though.  Sundaycouponinserts.com offers inserts for $.85 each (The Dallas Morning News costs $3 for one, or $5 for 2 on Sundays and usually contains at least two inserts, the Red Plum and Smart Source, except on holiday weeks, so be careful.  The first week of the month [sometimes the 30th or the 31st if that's how it falls] will contain the P&G regardless of holiday.  There are also sometimes second or even third Red Plums and Smart Sources that they throw in there.  If you want to know what to expect, visit sundaycouponpreview.com)

The only thing that really kills it about this website to me is the cost of shipping.  Shipping is a flat $5.30, so I only use this if I am ordering a significant amount of inserts.  I buy 4 of each (a good rule of them is 1 for each family member, but I usually buy in increments of 2 to facilitate buy on get one free sales to increase savings).  I need 20 inserts (4 of which are a special buy this week for $.35 each, mostly because they are expiring soon, but still a good insert that I will use), and shipping is $5.30

We also bought ink - 2 black ink cartridges for $41.

Total saved this year with paper coupons:  $744.41
This number is not reflective of savings as a result of sales, e-coupons, or gift cards.
Total spent this year to get coupons (printer ink, paper, and newspapers): $104.78   

No comments:

Post a Comment