Sunday, March 3, 2013

"Couponing" Purchases

Ok, folks.  You've waited for it and now it's finally here!  I finally have to pay for all my printing habits!  TODAY I BOUGHT INK.  :o  !!!!!!!!!

Here's the damage at Office Depot (yay rewards!):
Black ink double $31.99
Paid: $34.63

I also walked over to CVS to get a couple newspapers:
2 Newspapers, $3 each = $6
-$4 EB
$2 spent even, got $1 EB for green bag tag

Learned that Office Depot will give you $2 in Rewards for every empty ink cartridge you bring them, with a limit of 10 per month.  That's $20/mos. that you'd just throw away otherwise!  You have to sign up for their rewards program and they send you a quarterly coupon to print with your total rewards amount.  I got 10% from the ink I bought, and whatever else I accumulate this quarter.  Love using those on printer ink! ;)

Total saved this year with paper coupons:  $263.28
This number is not reflective of savings as a result of sales, e-coupons, or gift cards.
Total spent this year to get coupons (printer ink, paper, and newspapers): $46.78

I'm still winning. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment