Monday, March 28, 2011

Harris Teeter Disappointment...



So, yesterday was my first day of double coupon spending... I scanned all the blogs for prices and deals, ordered the corresponding coupons in bulk so that I could stock up on products... Everything a good couponer is supposed to do.  I wrote down in my brand new notebook all the deals with their original price - coupon doubled = net total.  I spent hours at HT with Emma (not an easy task) trying to find the exact specifications for product size, amount, etc... Needless to say, I did not notice some of my coupons said "Do Not Double" until I was already at the store... Dealing with angry cashiers who had to take all my coupons and call a manager for the DNDs... How was I supposed to know?
Anyway, I ended up saving about 50% on things that I didn't really need... I mean, $70 of stuff for about $35 is pretty cool, but we still don't have many of the normal food items we've come to rely on.  It was also kind of annoying that the prices I got from blogs did not match up with the in-store pricing, so items that should have been free were not, certain prices were just assumed from Buy One Get One Free (BOGO), etc.  All of these combined to the cold, cruel reality, that the deals I was expecting simply were not there.
Now, today we are expecting our ordered bulk coupons knowing that many of the deals we were expecting to use them on do not exist.  I am very disappointed in Harris Teeter... Besides their overly strict coupon restrictions (Can only buy 4 of the same item with doubled coupons, can only use 2 printed internet coupons for 2 same products at a time, no cash back, the list goes on...) I'm realizing that HT is just an overpriced hoity toity paradise.  I can do without, thanks.

I am redirecting my gaze on drugstores and Target... The two that I have had good experiences with so far (Remember my recent CVS pull?).  I also redeemed the HT day by getting a brand new Lysol no-touch antibacterial hand soap dispenser for practically nothing at CVS... Yay for Extra Bucks!  I'll include the specs below.

Lysol no-touch antibacterial hand soap dispenser  $12.99
Coupon -$3.00
Extra Bucks: $6.99
I paid mostly with already accrued EB, and had to pay about 69 cents tax.  Beware!  If using EB, the total amount printed has to be used.  For instance, I tried to use a $2.50 EB to pay the extra $.69, but the cashier could not take it since the total amount of EB must be used at the same time (in other words, it's not like a gift card).
Living and learning, living and learning.....  Here's to looking up and paying attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment