Monday, March 28, 2011

Today's Pull from CVS



Hello bloggers!  Today, I shopped at CVS.  First, I did my research from Frugalishus.com here the night before.  I was set to buy more things than I ended up buying.  Due to the store's inventory (they didn't have any Lysol hand-free dispensers!) and confusion on what candies were eligible for the Hershey's offer, this is my final receipt:

Reach Floss Mint Flavored $1.00
-$1.00 off coupon
Free!

Zantac 150 24 ct. $8.99
-$5.00 coupon
$3.99+
$3.00 Extra Bucks (EB)

Pantene Expressions Blonde 13.5 oz. $4.99
-$2.00 coupon
$2.99+
$2.50 EB

Glade Oil Dispenser $.99
-$1.00 coupon
Free!

Allegra Allergy Adult 5 ct. $6.99
-$2.00 coupon
$4.99+
$6.99 EB

Just Basics Liquid Dishsoap 25 oz.  $1.00

Crest Complete Mouthwash 500 M. $3.49
-$1.00 coupon
$2.49+
$2.50 EB

If you will notice, I made some money from some of these purchases.  For instance, for the Allegra Allergy medicine, I made $2 just for taking it out of the store.  Not sure what CVS policy is on this, but I wonder what would happen if that was all that I bought?  I have heard of cashiers having to pay customers in situations like this, although it is frowned upon.  I would probably just use the extra money to cover some little things that I needed, like I did today.

Anyway, the grand totals are:
Subtotal before coupons (reg. price): $33.83
Subtotal before coupons (with sale prices): $27.45
Subtotal after coupons: $15.45
Tax: $.57
Total: $16.02
Extra bucks earned: $14.99
Total spent realistically: $1.03

Keep in mind, these "Extra Bucks" are money that I can use the next time I shop at CVS, say, when next weeks deals come out or they finally get that Lysol no-touch soap system in stock (*Hint hint, CVS).  Yes, you will have to pay for it initially to start receiving EB, but once you start the cycle, it will literally pay for itself.

Stay tuned for more shopping trips!  (And I have some super cute pictures of Emma I have to post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment