Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Today at Walgreens

Ok, so this trip will take a little more than usual out of pocket, but you will make money eventually and get some pretty quality products in the meantime.

My family and I have been sick with the flu for the past week (with the exception of Andy, God preserve him!).  I read somewhere that in some cases, a strong dose of probiotics works just as well as an antibiotic.  Now, I am not saying that antibiotics don't have their place.  If you try this and still have an infection, go out and get some Omoxycillin!!!  BUT - with that being said, it is certainly worth trying to probiotics first before you have to resort to wiping out your entire intestinal GI track of beneficial bacteria.

So, in the Walgreens January booklet, there are some nice rebates in the back for FREE items.  The one I sprung for today was the Renew Life probiotic with fiber  (I know... don't judge me.)   I had a $3 coupon (I actually have a bunch more if anybody wants them).  It is usually $34.99, on sale for just $20 with card this week, and there is a $20 rebate for it.  Using the $3 coupon makes it a $3 MM, and if you choose to have your rebate loaded onto a Walgreens rebate card, you get a 10% bonus (+$2) making it a total $5 MM.

The Goody 27 ct. elastics are on sale for $2.99.  There are $.50 coupons in this week's paper.  You get $2 RR back, making them just $.49.

Bioglan Kids Fish Oil (they're cute little fish shaped capsules with a "burst of fruity juice" [Lizzie ate them without crying]).  I'm sorry, but I'm a little scarred from the fish oil capsules I got for free during Wag's Black Friday sale... I can't even eat them, and I eat things just for the health of it.  They tasted like the worst fishy taste masked with a horrible, dark, fake berry flavoring.  (*shudders as she remembers*).  To this day it sits untouched in my pantry, taking up space *sigh*.

WITH THAT BEING SAID - Lizzie tried this stuff and she liked it!  :)

Bioglan Kids Fish Oil 30 ct. $7 with card, get $7 RR back, no coupons required.

So in all, you will spend $26.49 after coupons, get back $9 in RR and $20 in a rebate.  You're actually making money, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment