Saturday, May 7, 2011

Harris Teeter deals 5/4-5/10



This is what I walked away with today:

Fusion ProGlide   $8.99  eVIC member price
-$4 eVIC coupon
-$5 coupon from May P&G Insider mailer
FREE!

Mr. Clean twin pack  $2.99 eVIC member price
-$1.50 eVIC coupon
-$1.50 ($.75 off coupon doubled)
FREE!  I got two magic erasers, love those.

Crest Pro Health toothpaste $2.99 eVIC member price
-$1.50 eVIC coupon

-$1.50 P&G coupon
FREE!

Uncle Ben's White Whole Grain rice $1
-$1.50 ($.75 off coupon doubled)
FREE!

Dawn Plus Dish Liquid $2.19 eVIC member price
-$1 ($.50 coupon doubled)
$1.19

Chicken breasts on sale $.97 per pound


Pampers Jumbo Pack $8.88 eVIC member price
-$1.50 coupon
$7.38

Hidden Valley Salad Kit  2/$4 eVIC member price
-2 $1 coupons
$1 ea.

Some rules about Harris Teeter:
If the amount of your doubled coupon is more than the value of the item, they do NOT give overages.  The coupon will be adjusted to cover the cost of that item but will not spill over to cover other purchases.
Watch the register!  HT has messed up several times with me already.  Today, none of my eVIC coupons came off when I scanned my card.  This is a difference of $9 and represents about 30% of my expected savings... Now I have to go back to the store with my eVIC card and receipt so they can refund my card.  LAME!
I also had an instance where a thing of blueberries was supposed to be B1G1 but wasn't.  This happened in March and I just asked for my money back today (didn't know you could do that until now/didn't want to deal with it, but glad I did!)
***UPDATE*** The eVIC coupons that you add to your card are NOT store coupons, they are manufacturer's coupons!! This means that if you use another manufacturer coupon at checkout, your eVIC coupon cannot be used. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
****SECOND UPDATE**** After my second failed trip to try and get my money back, I emailed customer service.  It turns out that I was right, you can use both an eVIC coupon and a manufacturer's coupon together on the same item (Score!) (See Harris Teeter FAQ's:
Can I use a paperless coupon and a paper coupon for the same item?
Yes, you can combine paper and electronic coupons.)

Anyway, so I got a personal call from the manager, my money reimbursed in cash, and $25 of gift cards for the trouble!  Score! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Either way, there are some fantastic freebies if you live in the area.  If you have no idea where I am getting these coupons, visit the Coupon Database at howtoshopforfree.net.  I just finished Kathy Spencer's book How to Shop for Free and it was wonderful!  Definitely a must-read for anyone wondering what all this money saving fever is about.  Learn how to get clothes, groceries, for free so that you can save your money for the fun stuff!  I mean, really, who really wants to spend as much money as they do on groceries?

No comments:

Post a Comment