Saturday, April 9, 2011

What I Walked Away With, HT


So, after printing out the list I made last night (see previous post) to see which deals were worth chasing, This was what I walked away with:

Green Giant canned corn niblets (2)
Green Giant canned green beans (3)  5/$3

Powerbars $1.99 each
-$1.00 cpn = $.99
(I wanted to also use a BOGO coupon with this [I purchased 2] but the manager said that was not allowed)

Filippo Berio olive oil $5.29
-$1.00 cpn = $4.29

Yoplait yogurts 10/$4 6 oz. 10/$4

The MEAL DEAL did not allow any coupons either, so I ate the expected $2.20 in savings....
Hot dogs, hot dog buns, (2) Lay's potato chips, and gallon Lipton green tea $5.99

Since the Lay's were BOGO in a separate deal, I got two of these.

(2)Thomas' bagels 12 ct. $4.19/2, or $2.10 ea.

(2)Barber Stuffed Chicken Breast 10 oz.  $2.45/2, or $1.23 ea

Land O Lakes margarine $2.69/2
-$1 cpn = $1.69/2 = $.85 each

Pop Tarts 8 pk.  $.99 each limit 2, $1.99 reg. with card
-$1/3 cpn. = $.99 each

(3)Frosted Mini Wheats
This is where they really stiffed me.  If you will recall from the previous post, I had 3 coupons with the intent of buying 3 boxes, which I did.  They are on sale 1/2 price, or $2 each.  When I got to the register, I was told I was only allowed to use 1 coupon.  So, I was only allowed $1.50 in cpns. of my expected $3.50.  Instead of them being $.83 each, I ate them at $1.50 per box.

Total after tax: $39.53

Coupons I was not allowed to use:
1 Power Bar BOGO cpn  est. value: $.98
1 Lay's coupon  est. value $1.10 after doubling
1 Ball Park Beef Franks coupon  est. value $1.10 after doubling
1 $1/2 Mini Wheats with a touch of fruit
1 $1/3 Kellog's cereals
Total I got jipped on: $5.18

It might seem like a little bit, but this points to the larger issue that HT is simply not reliable for couponing.  I have been disappointed one too many times at this store, and I cannot say that I will put myself in that situation again.

Upon checking the coupon policy again, I suppose that the cereal and Power Bar issues are covered under:
"We accept only one coupon for BOGO items."  I suppose this means not only their BOGO in-store sales, but also BOGO presented coupons.  This makes things a lot less fun.

This still, though, does not explain why the Lay's coupon did not go through.  Even if they did not qualify for the BOGO since when was a part of the Meal Deal, that would have left one more bag.  Why didn't the coupon apply?

The circular ad said nothing about other coupons not being able to be applied... But, here is the kicker at the bottom of their coupon policy:
"Harris Teeter reserves the right to limit quantities in coupon usage, as well as products and to amend our policies as we deem appropriate."

In other words, I believe that I am done with Harris Teeter.


(Oh, the Jell-O Temptations were free after a special coupon I got in the mail)


Today's pull: $39.53

No comments:

Post a Comment